Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 2 - March 3rd 2010

Day 2 started at 5.45am

They say the longest distance is from the bed to the floor... very true.
was on the track at 5 to 6 to start Day 2.

I had resolved to figure out the cheap digital watch I had on and not make that as an excuse. Havng figured that one out, I decided to do a 5mt run with a 1 mt walk. Planned to do 5 reps of this.

It wasnt yet light but the track has great lighting where needed - mainly from one 100ft+ tall tower beaming various halogens down on the stadium.

I was able to pace myself ok, though would have liked to drink some water before starting off. Point to note next time.

I was able to do the "speak" test whenever I felt tired and that seemed to work well.

Was able to complete
Light stretching warmup
5mt run
1 mt walk
5mt run
1 mt walk
5mt run
1 mt walk
5mt run
1 mt walk
5mt run - including an all out sprint over the last 100m
Cool down

i notice that my left foot turns inwards and I land on the inner heel when running - hadnt seen that earlier, but my 'foot inkblot' test hasnt changed - still a high arch foot. Lets wait and see what happens over time. As of writing this piece a good 7 hours after the run, no aches or pains.

I plan to continue the 5x1 routine on day 3, increasing it next week if I can by 10% more running

No comments:

Post a Comment